I've been playing with another of my Christmas stamps from Chocolate Baroque. This time its the stained glass window from the Stained Glass Christmas themeplate.
While it isn't perfect, I did get the effect that I was hoping for...
I've had to photograph this from a bit of an angle to avoid too much glare on the mirriboard and acetate surfaces.
The stained glass window was stamped using Stazon onto the acetate and allowed to dry.
I then added colour to the flames and the holly using promarkers - being very careful not to actually touch the stazon!!
The next stage was the gilding. I wanted to get different colour zones using different colours of gilding flakes. However, since I only have one pot of Lancashire Rose gilding flakes, that involved picking out individual flakes in different colours and applying them to specific areas that I had glued separately. I had gilding flakes everywhere but the effect was close to what I wanted.
I trimmed the acetate to the size of the window frame and then mounted it on black glitter card. Somehow, and I'm not sure how, I managed to get a little crack in the gilding after I had glued it to the glitter card. A little bronze glitter mat, some ribbon and some smokey mirriboard finish it off.
I like the card and I will do something similar again but definitely not until I've got hold of individual coloured gilding flakes.