I managed to have a quick play this morning and came up with this card for this week's Less is More challenge.
I stamped flowers from Elusive Images Big Flowers stamp set in versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I masked, restamped and embossed again to build up the border. 5mm wide masking tape (available from Chocolate Baroque) was used to create the white stripe and wider masking tape to get the outer sharp edge. After all of the masking tape was in place, I inked with Spun Sugar distress ink and then used Worn Lipstick to darken the edges. Finally, I stamped the sentiment with Spun Sugar distress ink.
I was quite pleased that this turned out more or less as I had planned, with one exception. When I scored the fold line I slipped with the folding tool and left a mark on the front of the card near the bottom. Luckily I hadn't yet stamped the sentiment so I just cut off the bottom and hey presto, a square card. All it needed was a bit of Worn Lipstick DI to darken the bottom edge and it was fine.
Off now to post my link and check out some of the other entries.