I'm very late making a post this week - lots on at work and I haven't felt too brilliant either, but I had to make something for butterflies. In fact I've made 2 and could have made more as I love butterfly stamps. My first one uses a flower stamp from Glenda Waterworth's Elusive Images 'Wild Meadow' and a butterfly from 'Butterfly Dreams' by her new company Chocolate Baroque.
The butterfly is stamped first onto the white card using Versamagic Purple Hydrangea and extra colour added with pro markers. Then I stamped onto vellum and when it had dried added some glitter along the wing markings.
I cut out the second vellum butterfly and stuck it over the first to give dimension.
The flower was coloured with pro markers and a bit of glitter added to the flowers.
The edges are inked with dusty concord distress ink.
My second card uses a butterfly from Elusive Images 'Patchwork Butterfly' stamped onto acetate and embossed with silver embossing powder.
I painted the back of the acetate with Sakura Crystal Laquer and sprinkled on Beadazzles.
When it was dry, I cut it out, bent back the wings and stuck onto a card I had mat and layered with matt silver paper and black linen card.
The sentiment was stamped in versamark and embossed in silver.
The photos were both taken indoors as I've only just finished tham and wanted to get them up, so the black looks a bit grey.
Not sure if I'll make it next week as we're off on holiday (flights permitting) on Saturday.